It’s been a long, long while since my last post. I apologize to all of you out there who read my blog. I just had to take some time to recoup from a crazy year, get settled in our new home (still not quite there, yet…), and most importantly, to enjoy summer! It has been a long, long time since I have been truly able to enjoy summer. Usually I am working over the summer (reading, writing, researching), but this summer, I was fortunate to get a whole month and a half off to really engulf myself in the pleasure of this season. I have:
- eaten at fabulous organic, vegetarian and vegan restaurants
- tried some new and fabulous organic and natural products, including soaps, perfumes and body care products!
- went to the movies with my husband
- explored my new city
- met and connected with some neighbors
- watched movies at home as well as favorite shows
- cooked some new recipes
- slept as long as I like
- spent time with family and friends in the area
- went shopping (maybe too many times)
- went to quite a few farmers markets, bazaars, and summer festivals
- got back in touch with my spirituality
- rediscovered the joy of life
- and so much more…
Between all of that, getting settled with the unpacking and organizing, and working on some other projects, I have not had time to reopen my shop and get back down to business. In fact, I’m thinking that this downtime is good because recently I’ve been reconsidering a name change and a change of design. This comes at a good time for me, because by beautiful happenstance I met a local woman who is also a bath & beauty artisan. We are going to be collaborating on some beautiful things! It is still very much in development stages, but I am oh so excited. I feel like this partnership gives me an arena to put my growing knowledge of natural ingredients to fruitful use (all of that internet research wasn’t for nothing!).
Stay tuned for more on that. Until my shop reopens I’ll post from time to time about my goings-on. You can also check for any shop updates here.
I hope that you too are enjoying the summer. It’s flying by too quickly, so make sure to soak in as much as you can!
Thank you for reading.